Saturday, April 14, 2007

Part-Time Servant

Pieces of promises, parts of a prayer-
No real commitment to stay or to care.
Partly believing, and partly in doubt-

Not quite in the kingdom, but not really out.
Tied to your words Lord, just by a thread-
The need in my heart, and the world in my head.
So long in confusion that I couldn’t see-

Full time not part time.
So Lord come on in, cos’

I want to start all over again.
From this day on, my life is an open door-

I won’t be your part time servant anymore.
I’ve sat on thr fence, lingering still-

Just on the edge of, my word and your will.
But now for the first time I know what to do-

I’m ready, I’m coming full time to you.
So Lord come on in,

cos’ I want to start all over again.
From this day on, my life is an open door-

I won’t be your part time servant anymore.
- Author Unknown

No comments: